STARC vetted volunteer
Sheriffs Tactical Amateur Radio Communications depends on volunteers. Unlike most Amateur Radio groups STARC has only one task, Communications back up for Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office in time of need.
Potential volunteers need to come to several meetings to meet other volunteer; however, due to security you can not just walk into a meeting. Contact one of our officers or other volunteers to arrange an escort. Please do not bring children.
Working along side of Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office and and other agencies in time of need. May be required to operate various Amateur Radios on various bands. Attend monthly meetings and Exercises.
N.I.M.S. training a plus.
You may be required to deploy, only when authorized, in or out of Florida for communication assistance. Being self contained for several hours to several days.
What do you need:
1. Be a U.S. citizen
2. A resident of Hillsborough County, Florida
3. You'll need to have your F.C.C. Amateur License or we can instruct you so you can work towards a license
4. Civically minded individual
5. A UHF radio required, our main repeater is on UHF. HF and VHF radio(s) an added asset
6. Available for deployment(s)
7. Subject to a full H.C.S.O. background investigation
8. Valid Florida Drivers License, if operation of a vehicle is required
STARC meets monthly at a HCSO facility. A weekly net is held on 444.90000 repeater
If you meet these requirements and are interested in joining this group, we look forward to meeting you.